How to Make Keto Pumpkin Cookies
Todayʼs recipe is a simple one that fits any diet, Keto or not! Kids and adults will love it, itʼs the perfect pairing to your morning coffee, and a dessert after a midday lunch! Keto Pumpkin Cookies! Weʼre still in October, and we can take advantage of the fall and pumpkin spice-season to the last bit!
In this recipe, we will be using almond flour, but if you prefer to use another flour type, go ahead! It will still work perfectly!
First, prepare your pumpkin puree, you can check this link on how to make homemade pumpkin puree! It’s very easy to follow and make at home! Once done, try to get rid of the excess pumpkin water as much as you can.
Another tip is you can keep the cookies batter covered and stored in the fridge until you are ready bake them whenever you want!
Also, I added only the egg yolk because I prefer the cookies to maintain their texture rather than have cake cookie texture!
- First and foremost, letʼs grab our unsweetened homemade pumpkin puree and dab it with a clean paper towel until we are sure that there is no excess liquid, so that when we use it in our batter, it doesnʼt make the batter lose its form. Now that our pumpkin puree is ready, letʼs set it aside and begin making the cookies batter.
- Grab a large empty bowl, add the softened butter (itʼs important that the butter is not cold and firm in this step so that you can easily mix it with the rest of the ingredients). Next step is to add one room temperature egg yolk and gently mix the butter and the yolk. It is super important to gradually keep mixing between each ingredient, that way you ensure that all the ingredients are well incorporated, and that there we will be no awkward clumps in your cookie bites. Next, add the sugar substitute, and continue mixing. Itʼs very convenient in this recipe to use a spatula to mix, there is no need for an electric mixer, the ingredients are simple and easy to mix by hand. Once all the sugar substitute is well mixed, add the vanilla extract, and of course, continue mixing. Then, add the pumpkin puree and the pumpkin spices along with a pinch of salt. Mix. Now add the almond flour, and mix really well until all the flour is blended, and finally add the baking powder, and mix once more.
- Now that the batter is ready, let it chill in the fridge to get firm. You can either keep it stored in the fridge until youʼre ready to bake the cookies, or if you will bake right away, still leave the batter to chill in the fridge first, and as the you leave the batter, preheat the oven under 350 F. Once the batter and the oven are ready, grab small ball shaped pieces from the batter and lay them on a parchment sheet on a tray, and gently pat them with the back of a fork or spoon or with your fingers, then theyʼre ready to go into the oven for 12-15 minutes.
- As you bake the cookies, you can prepare the topping. You can keep it as simple as powdered sugar on the cookies! Or you can make some delicious topping cream. Get a bowl, add powdered sugar substitute and vanilla extract, and slowly add heavy cream or any milk of your choice, and begin mixing and adding more cream until you get the perfect consistency. And once the cookies are done, take them out and leave them to cool down for a few minutes, and finally, top them with the cream, and they are ready to serve! Enjoy!
Keto Pumpkin Cookies
- 3/4 cup Pumpkin Puree
- 1 room temperature Egg Yolk
- 6 tsp Sugar Substitute
- 1 1/4 cup Almond Flour
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 3 tsp Pumpkin Spice
- 1/4 tsp Ginger Powder
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1 tbsp room temperature Butter
Topping cream Ingredients:
- 3 tbsp Sugar Substitute
- 3/4 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 1/2 tbsp Heavy Cream or any milk of your preference
- Gently pat the pumpkin puree with a clean napkin several times until there is no excess liquid. This step is important to make sure there will be no extra liquid in the batter.
- In a large bowl, add your softened butter, and begin breaking it with a spatula
- Add sugar substitute and keep gradually mixing as you add it then add vanilla extract and continue mixing
- Add your homemade unsweetened pumpkin puree, the pumpkin spice powders with an extra 1/4 tsp of ginger, and a pinch of salt into the mixture. Mix everything really well together until you see no clumps.
- Now add the almond flour (you can also use another flour of your choice) and baking powder, and of course, go ahead and mix really well. This recipe is easy and simple enough for mixing by hand using a spatula, there is no need for an electric mixer!
- Now that the batter is ready, let it chill in the fridge so it maintains a firm consistency when baked.
- Let the batter chill in the fridge and when ready to bake, leave it in the fridge until you preheat the oven for 350 F° degrees.
- When the oven is ready, pull out the batter from the fridge, take ball-shaped pieces from the batter and place them on a parchment sheet on a tray.
- Gently pat the cookie balls with the back of a spoon or fork or with your fingers, then bake in the oven for 12-15 minutes.