How to Make The Best tasty low carb and keto cinnamon rolls
These are made with almond and coconut flour, mozzarella cheese, avocado oil and butter, free-range organic eggs, and baking powder.
These Keto Cinnamon Rolls are The Tastiest Ever
I have never come across anyone who doesn’t love cinnamon rolls. And if there is someone who doesn’t, I guarantee they will still love this Keto cinnamon rolls recipe! When I began my Keto diet journey, I missed cinnamon rolls and of course, there was no way to have it. I tried remaking my own version, and it was good, and with a few more final touches, I finally got to the perfect recipe. It tastes almost exactly the same as the regular non-Keto cinnamon rolls. There are two Keto versions of this recipe- one with and one without mozzarella. The one without mozzarella is almost the same as the regular cinnamon rolls, but the one with mozzarella cheese LOOKS closer to the regular shape.
This recipe isn’t just delicious and a copycat of the non-Keto cinnamon rolls, but it’s also simple and straightforward to make!
Keto Cinnamon Rolls
Keto Cinnamon Rolls
- 1+1/4 cup almond flour
- 1/2 cup cocnut flour
- 5 – 6 tbsp cinnamon powder
- 1/2 cup avocado or olive oil
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese if you want the cinnamon rolls to looks exactly like the regular non-Keto version
- 4 tbsp sugar substitute
- 2 tbsp vanilla Extract
- 2 tsp Baking Powder
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 cup cream cheese room temperature
- 6 tbsp butter softened
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp sugar substitute monk fruit
- 3 tbsp heavy cream
- 5-7 tsp cinnamon powder
- 3 tbsp butter
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 3 tbsp sugar substitute
- First, begin by whisking the egg yolks in a bowl, and as you whisk, gradually add the sugar substitute, oil/butter, and vanilla extract and whisk. Keep beating the ingredients until they are thoroughly mixed.
- Then add the almond and coconut flour, cinnamon powder, and a pinch of salt. Mix everything so that there are no clumps at all.
- Melt your mozzarella cheese in the microwave in a side bowl, then quickly add heavy cream onto it and mix very well.
- This step is optional, the mozzarella cheese allows the cinnamon rolls to look even more typical to the regular non-Keto cinnamon rolls after baking.
- Now add the mozzarella mix to the dough mixture, and mix well.
- Take the dough and place it between two parchment sheets then roll out the dough. The parchment sheet on top of the dough makes it a lot easier to roll it out without any stickiness.
- Once done, carefully trim the sides of the rolled out dough as to make it even and easy to roll up.
- It’s time to prepare the filling. In a bowl, add all the filling ingredients of the cinnamon, butter, olive oil, and sugar substitute, and mix them all together. Then begin adding the filling over the rolled out dough, and gently spread it. Then tightly roll up the dough using the parchment sheet. Then cut it up, size is up to your preference, and place the pieces in a baking pan. Cut out a parchment sheet and cover the cinnamon rolls, then bake in a 375 F preheated oven for 20-23 minutes.
- As the cinnamon rolls are baking, prepare the icing. In a bowl, add the butter, cream cheese, and sugar substitute, then mix all together. I used an electric hand mixer to make it easier. As you mix, add in heavy cream and vanilla extract and continue mixing. Now bring out the cinnamon rolls from the oven once done baking, and top with the cream cheese icing. Et voila, enjoy!