How to Make Keto Gingerbread Cookies
BEST Low Carb, Paleo & Gluten-Free
Once the smell of gingerbread cookies begins coming out of the oven, it is officially Christmas season in our house! Every step from buying the cookie cutters in the Christmas sections in the store to decorating the cookies with your friends and family brings a sense of coziness and holiday.
Above having delicious gingerbread cookies, when they are sugar-free and Keto-friendly, that is a great bonus! When on a diet, you do not have to completely abstain from everything you love; there is almost always a way of enjoying your favorite cookies, snacks, or desserts by making alternative mockups!
This recipe is very simple and if you follow it step by step, you will make yourself the best Keto gingerbread cookies in town. As I was creating this recipe, I tweaked the ingredients a couple of times, and this is the perfect recipe after all! You and everyone will love them!
Keto Gingerbread Cookies – BEST Low Carb, Paleo & Gluten Free
- 3 tbsp Coconut Flour
- 1 3/4 cup Almond Flour
- 1 tbsp Almond Flour
- 1/2 tsp Ginger Powder
- 3 1/2 tbsp Sugar Substitute
- 2 tbsp Butter (room temperature)
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/4 tsp Cinnamon Powder
- Pinch of Nutmeg
- Pinch of Salt
- Pinch of Cloves
- 1 Egg Yolk (room temperature)
- 1 Egg (room temperature)
- 1 cup Powdered Sugar Substitute
- 1 tbsp Almond Milk (or another Keto-friendly milk) or Water
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- Whisk the egg, butter, and sugar subtitute really well
- Add the almond flour and coconut flour after sifting it, then mix
- Add the baking powder, ginger powder, cinnamon powder, salt, and nutmeg powder to the mixed ingredients and mix again until all incorporated
- Take the dough and cover tightly then let chill in the fridge or a cooler for 30 minutes
- Take out the dough then roll out between two parchment sheets
- After getting the perfect thickness, begin using the cookie cutters to cut out the cookies
- Transfer the cookies to a parchment-sheet-lined tray
- Insert the tray into a 350 F preheated oven on top of the bottom rack for 6-7 minutes then transfer the tray to the top rack for around 1 minute
- Take out the oven and let cool down aside then sprinkle some powdered sugar substitute and decorate with icing as you desire
- For the icing, mix the powdered sugar with a 1 or 2 tbsp of water or Keto-friendly milk. Gradually add the water until you get the desired thickness then you can 3-4 drops of food coloring, and then begin decorating the cookies!