As we into the winter season, soups start getting back to dinner tables, and this broccoli soup is one that serves an immaculate taste! You don’t have to be on a Keto diet to have this, it’s nutritious, it’s delicious, and above all, it’s Keto-friendly!
How to Make Delicious and Creamy Broccoli Soup
This recipe is very simple and easy, there is almost no way of getting it wrong, so let’s get this started..
We will begin by chopping our broccoli into small pieces because we will blend and mash some of the broccoli amounts, and put the rest of the small pieces in the final soup. I got the broccoli already chopped up, and I just sliced them a little more. You can get the broccoli either chopped chop or as a large whole one, that you cut yourself. You can also keep the stem, it’s all up to your preference. Now transfer the broccoli to a bowl.
Next, take half the amount in hot water on medium heat and let it cook for 5 minutes. Then strain the broccoli and add some cold water to stop it from cooking then strain again.
Start cutting your onion, mine was a large red onion. If you have small onions, then do 2 or 3 onions. Now get 6-7 garlic cloves and cut them up too. Get your pan, add butter. I’m choosing butter because it really does add richness to the overall taste of the dish, so whenever I get a chance to use some butter, I do. If you prefer to use some oil as well, avocado oil will work well with this.
Now add your chopped onions with a pinch of salt and black pepper to your butter. Let them cook then give them a stir. Now add the sliced garlic. The reason the garlic is sliced is to enhance its taste in the dish and to make sure that all the flavors will blend well. Add the unboiled broccoli along with some thyme, paprika, and one bay leaf, and let them cook. Add your two cups of heavy cream, let the ingredients cook, then give a quick stir. Add some more black pepper, salt, and nutmeg.
Now grab this mix in the blender and blend everything together until you get the perfect creamy texture of the soup. Now bring back the mixture to the pan on low heat. Add some cheddar cheese, and stir everything well together.
Serve the soup with some of the boiled broccoli that we kept on the side, and it’s ready to go! This can be a side or it can also be a main dish depending on the serving size. This recipe is really simple and delicious to not try, so give it a shot, you might like it!
Keto broccoli soup
- 4 cups Chopped Broccoli
- 1 Onion
- 4-6 Garlic Cloves
- 2 cups Heavy Cream
- 1 – 2 cups Cheddar Cheese
- 2-3 tbsp Oil or Butter
- Black Pepper
- 2- 3 Bay Leaf
- Wash and trim the broccoli florets.
- Chop the onion.
- Melt the butter or add the preferred oil into a pot.
- Sauté the onion until tender.
- Add 2 cups of the cleaned broccoli and keep stirring for 5 to 10 minutes
- Pour the heavy cream.
- Add the spices and the bay leaves.
- Let it simmer for 5 to 10 minutes
- While the broccoli is simmering, cook the rest of the broccoli in boiling water for 10 minutes then rinse it. Rinse the broccoli florets with ice water and add some more ice if you want to keep the broccoli fresh and green until the serving time.
- Now take the bay leave out of the pot and blend the soup. You can use a blender or hand blender (whichever is easier for you).
- Put the soup back into the pot and add cheddar cheese.
- Bring the heat to medium heat for 5 minutes until the cheddar melts.
- Now the soup is ready for serving, add some of the cooked and chopped broccoli florets on top and some shredded cheddar cheese. Enjoy your meal!